Immunizations & Physicals


All Saints Catholic Academy is a school that requires all students to be immunized. Immunization waivers are not accepted. Additional information regarding required immunizations may be found on the NYSDOH’s website at:

If you have any questions regarding the new regulations, contact the NYSDOH Bureau of Immunization at 518-474-1944 or via email at

New York State Requirements for School Entry

3 doses of diphtheria
3 doses of polio (IPV, OPV, or any combination of IPV and OPV)
2 doses of measles (1 dose required for Pre K)
1 dose of mumps and rubella
3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)
In addition:

Students who are entering 6th grade and who are 11 years of age or older must receive an immunization containing tetanus toxoids, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap).  10 year old students who are entering 6th grade must be immunized when they turn 11.

1 dose of varicella (chicken pox) for students born on or after 1/1/98 AND for students born on or after 1/1/94 entering (repeating or transferring into) the 6th grade, and students in gradeless classes born on or after 1/1/94 and age equivalent of the 6th grade.

Screenings are conducted for  vision, hearing, height, and weight.  Scoliosis screening is done each year on students grades 5 through 9.  Referrals for further evaluation are made if there is a deviation from normal.
Required Physical Examinations

Physical examinations, or health appraisals, are required for all new entrants, in addition to grades Kindergarten, 2nd & 4th.

Dental Certificates

Dental certificates. Poor dental health can cause pain, lead to significant life-long health problems and be a barrier to academic achievement. New York State law requires schools to request dental certificates for students when they enter school and in grades K, 2, 4, 7. Please follow this link to download a form that you can bring to your child’s dental care provider to be completed. The dental assessment may be completed during or 12 months prior to the school year in which it is required. Please return the completed form to your school nurse. If you have questions or do not have a dental care provider for your child, please contact the school nurse for assistance.